The environment (classroom) we seek that the children can learn based on their desire to explore the world in a focused way and we encourage them to help each other, under the supervision of 2, well trained, guides (teachers). As in much of the Montessori Education, the early experiences are carefully designed to prepare them for a road of many future years of learning.
In Humane School we have everything your little ones need for a complete development according to his/her age. In our Infant’s Community we receive children since they can walk, from 1 year and 3 months (15 month olds) to 3 and a half years,
with spaces designed specifically for them, ensuring the care of their physical and emotional security, because we know that the bases of a good development are the foundations of their future life.
The environments are carefully designed in every detail so that they can share and experience in a respectful way. Everything is infant size, the tables, the shelves and chairs are their size, pitchers, plates and utensils, and even the bathrooms. In an environment that offers appropriate challenges, the children must assume greater responsibilities in caring for themselves and others.
Little ones have a tendency towards independence “Help me do it for myself”. The activities carried out in the environment give the children constant opportunities to learn about main topics in Infant’s community such as: Practical Life, Sensory, Language and Artistic Expression.
The little ones also have some complementary classes within their activities that strengthen the growth of their abilities in psychomotricity, music and art, your children’s artistic expression which is of utmost importance in Humane School.
The English learning system that we implement in Humane is an accelerative learning method that was created by Dr. Giorgi Lozanov. It is a system which is based on the natural acquisition of the language, just as we learned our mother tongue. It starts off by listening, later by breaking the speaking barrier, then gradually adding on the grammatical, writing, reading parts, etc.
It is for this reason that in Infant’s Community as in Children’s House we have a guide that speaks English all of the time, so that the children’s sense of hearing adapts to the acceptance of the language in a natural way. With this practice, the children follow the guides’ instructions perfectly well during their activities. This is continued up to the age of 6 years old, which is the same learning process they have in Spanish. The learning process with Spanish has a lot to do with the language that you are receiving and in Spanish, the child formally begins to read and write after the age of 5 to 6 years.
Our Objective in Community
Self-sufficient children who are very confident in themselves and handle limits and respect toward others appropriately, using the grace and courtesy etiquette guidelines. Capable of reading, writing, pronouncing words and phrases in a fluent manner, while respecting space and order. In addition to, counting, reading, recognizing, writing the numbers from 0 to 100 correctly, add and subtract.
As the child reaches his/her first steps through Infant’s Community, the following are some abilities he/she acquires:
- Has the appropriate vocabulary to express his/her emotions and needs.
- Identifies and mentions different vocabulary such as: animals, body parts, fruit, vegetables, etc.
- Responds to questions about daily experiences like: What did you do today?
- Uses paper and pencil (utensil) to scribble freely in a marked off space, having control of the appropriate pressure in grasping the utensil.
- Identifies concepts of: big-small, thick-thin, tall-short.
- Counts mechanically from 1-10, identifying the shapes of the numbers from 1-9 (sandpaper numerals).
- Identifies the circle, square, triangle, and rhombus (diamond).
- Knows and uses the common courtesy words such as: thank you, please, hello, and good bye; also, respects turns and lines up following his/her group.
- Takes care of his/her environment (washes the table, sweeps, waters the plants, carries his/her chair from one place to another).
- Performs clamp activities, insets different materials, carries different objects with one or both hands and moves them while self-regulating his/her movements.
- Goes up and down steps alternating his/her feet and jumps with one or 2 feet.
- Uses the different techniques to fill in shapes.
- Understands and recognizes some English words and instructions, besides repeating songs and/or words mentioned by adults.
- Listens to melodies of different genres, sings and/or dances with them.
- Distinguishes elements in nature and forms of life in his/her surroundings.
Our Objective in Community
Self-sufficient and confident children who take care of themselves, capable of using their language to express their needs and emotions. That relate positively to others, using courtesy guidelines, listening and following instructions, besides respecting and waiting for their turn.
Our English Purpose
Little ones that identify English as another language and start to explore it with its words and songs.